Saturday, July 14, 2007

Piano Days-They Are Over!


Unless my daughter wants to pursue music to the diploma level and beyond, yesterday was the last day of her training regime. The last day when I had to ferry her to and fro from the music instructor's home and to the venues of her examinations be it at Shah Alam or Petaling Jaya.

When my daughter got the third place in her Standard Three examinations, we decided that she can begin piano lessons. Yesterday, she took her Grade 8 Practical at the PJ Hilton.

My son who also took up lessons played like a cowboy salon player and he gave up after the lack of disciplined progress on the keyboards.

Looking at the old Yamaha piano made me to recall the day we bought that piano from Wagners, PJ. It caused us about RM5K and the piano stool had a hole in it. The seller suggest we changed it for a new one which would cost us RM250.00. Instead, my wife sew a black cloth to cover the hole and my son and daughter had been using the stool without any trouble for their practice from 1999 till now!

With God's blessings, I hope my daughter will finish well in this final piano examination.

Heartsong




No comments: