Sunday, July 1, 2007


Report Card Day


I went to my children's school on 27 June to take home their report cards. My daughter as usual, felt no anxiety pangs but my son had mixed feelings.

So I hightailed to my daughter's classroom guided by a dutiful prefect. 7 parents before me. Long wait. Got my turn at about 9 A.M. Lanky class teacher. Told me my daughter should do okay. Asked about the B grades my daughter got, she replied those were difficult tests this time around but my daughter did pretty well, though. She says my daughter should do well in her SPM. Most of the teacher's comments spoke of her industry.

So we went next to my son's classroom. There was only my friend, Lai before me and we chatted while some parent was discussing with the teacher. After Lai, I got my turn. My son's form teacher, Grace spoke of my son as helpful but tend to be disorganised in his home work. Except for BM, he should do okay. So my son's apparent fears of untoward comments from his teachers were unfounded.

As it was the practice of he school that students can follow their parents back, so my children went home with me at about 10 A. M.

Heartsong

No comments: