Sunday, December 9, 2007

Jaya Grocer-A Responsible Supermarket!

I went shopping at the newly opened Jaya Grocer, PJ33 yesterday afternoon at 4 pm. There was a purchase with purchase offer of 20 eggs (10 sen per egg) per customer for any receipt above 30 ringgits. So after shopping around, we bought RM34 of goods and selected 20 eggs.

At the check-in counter, we were informed that each customer was only entitled to 10 eggs and not 20 eggs as advertised. I was taken aback and felt cheated. It was misrepresentation! I told the store supervisor and she said even though it was advertised as so, they cannot give me the deal!

I paid and went to the suggestion box and wrote a complaint. In my mind, if there is no response in the next few days, I will e-mail a complaint to the Ministry of Consumer Affairs.

They were prompt. By 8.10 pm, a Mr. Ang, the Store Manager called me on my mobile and apologised. He said I was certainly entitled to the 20 eggs as advertised. There was some miscommunication. He suggested I come by the store and he will offer 30 eggs to me at the offer price of 10 sen each. I was happy.

This afternoon, before lunch, I met Mr Ang and got my eggs.

A splendid end to an otherwise unhappy episode. Jaya Grocer-a good and responsible supermarket. I will be there to do more business with it!

Heartsong

No comments: