Friday, December 21, 2007

Visiting my Sister at HUKM

After visiting our Muslim friends, Saidi and Norm for Hari Raya Haji, we took off to Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (HUKM) to visit my sister who is in the cardiac ward.

Met all my sisters there. After the usual exchange of greetings, they left and we conferred my my sister. Accordingly to her, it started with some uncontrollable burping on Sunday last (16 Dec) which then lead to some chest pain. Her husband then checked her into E&E at HUKM for monitoring and medical treatment. Their diagnosis: left descending artery appears to have signs of a slight plaque build-up that may have triggered the unstable angina. Thank God, no heart tissue was damaged. She may have to stay a day or two before possible discharge. The follow-up action would be a endoscope to fully rule out the gastro department.

HUKM is really a strange looking oddity of a teaching hospital. Ceiling leakage stains; uncoordinated lift systems and dull lighting. Not a very good first impression.

My wife said a prayer for my sister's quick recovery. We left the hospital when Aun and wife turned up.

It was beginning to pour when we left Cheras for home.

Heartsong

No comments: